Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to the Book: The Big Push!

Well now that I'm home from Act One, and now that I've unburied my writing desk (sort of) from all the work that piled up while I was gone and that had absolutely must-do deadlines, it's time to push to finish this book, Deliver Me.

If you want to draw a connection between pushing and the book being about unplanned pregnancy, I can say pun intended!

All last week I spent working with, contacting, and trying to contact writers who have contributed stories to the book who I haven't received Publishing Agreements from. Since last week, I've already received two more signed agreements. Whoo-hoo!

I'm pleased that several others promised to send their agreements soon.

I've had to delete two contributors from the book. One because so much time has elapsed I couldn't get the permission to use the story anymore because the person has moved on with no way to contact her. The other, I've tried everything I know to contact her and I can't get a hold of her. So here are the new numbers:

Total Contributors that I need Publishing Agreements from (originally 43 less the two deleted): 41

Publishing Agreements received from: 26

Still need Publishing Agreements from: 15

Still have a ways to go, but we're getting there!

I'm aware that the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference is beginning today. My editor, Margie Vawter, who will be editing my manuscript for me is there. So is at least one of my contributors to the book: Emily Parke Chase. Hope they're having a great time!

No comments: