Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remember September 11, 2001

Just like that morning in 2001, September 11th occurs on a Tuesday on this 11th anniversary. As painful as it might be, it is only right that we remember September 11, 2001, and those who died, or whose lives were forever changed, on that day.

It was in the days and few weeks following the Terrorist Attacks on the United States that I wrote my first book. I, I'm sure like so many, wanted to do something. But we felt so helpless. What could we possibly do?

I can't answer that for others. But for a writer, what else could I do but write? And so I wrote Dear America: A Letter of Comfort & Hope to a Grieving Nation (Ampelos Press, 2002).

This little book is still available in print. It was published 6 months to the day after September 11, 2001 -- on March 11, 2002. This year, for its tenth anniversary, Dear America was republished on Kindle.

Still relevant today, Dear America includes:
  • my story of living through grief and discovering God
  • 10 Things I've Learned About Grief
  • a brief telling of the over-arching story of the Bible
  • Q & A about Christians and Muslims
  • helps to begin reading and understanding the Bible


For anyone who wonders where God is in the hard times, find answers in this letter to a nation:

No comments: