Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 11 - Act One Writing Seminar

Day 11: July 1, 2010

9:00 – 9:30 Genevieve Parker: Devotion and Prayer
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

9:30 – 12:00 Phil Nemy: Networking
Author of Get a Reel Job. Awesome information. Everything this guy said was gold! On how to network, how to build relationships, coaching meetings, business relationships, resumes. I have to get his book!

1:00 – 5:00 Dick Lyles: Introduction to Self Leadership Take charge of your career and your development. (Is with Origin Entertainment.) How to take charge of myself and guide my own career to where I want to be. Very informative. Very helpful.

5:00 – 7:00 Dinner: Burgers and In & Out
We discussed log lines and pitches. Producers were talking with Writers about possibly doing some projects together. It was very cool.

7:00 – 9:00 Chris Easterly: Unnatural History
Screened an episode of this a show for Cartoon Network. I liked the show. “If you were 12, that would have blown your mind.” – Chris Easterly

Looks like a short day, but pretty long sessions. I'm learning so much. It's really great.

My husband left this morning to drive out and get me. He's half way here. I'll get to see him tomorrow!

No comments: