Monday, September 3, 2012

Deliver Me a Finalist at AWSA's Golden Scroll Nonfiction "Book of the Year"

No way! Has it really been nearly three months since I posted to this blog?! It has been a busy, busy but exciting summer. Let me fill you in, but it will take several posts.

Waaaay back in my May 28th post I told you I had just learned that my book, Deliver Me, was selected as a finalist for the 2012 Golden Scroll Nonfiction Book of the Year award. The award is presented at the annual banquet hosted by the Advanced Writers and Speakers Association (AWSA). This year the banquet was in Orlando on July 15, 2012. It was wonderful to have Hal there with me for the first time on one of my business trips!



Hal accompanied me to the 2012 AWSA Golden Scroll banquet in Orlando, Florida
I felt so honored to be one of four finalists for the Nonfiction Book of the Year award! The other three finalist books were all published by well-known traditional publishers, so for me to be standing on that platform in front of about 150 agents, editors, publishers, and authors with my self-published book was a wonderful recognition of my book and its quality and worth to readers.

In then end we didn't win the award, but to simply be a finalist was huge. I was awarded a beautiful framed certificate by the founder of AWSA, Linda Evans Shepherd. It was a moment I will truly treasure for a lifetime.


Dianne with AWSA founder Linda Evans Shepherd who presented a certificate to Deliver Me
 for being a finalist in the 2012 Golden Scroll Nonfiction Book of the Year awards.
This was Deliver Me's second nomination for Book of the Year. Earlier this year Deliver Me won the Christian Small Publishers Association's "2012 Book of the Year" in the Family/Relationships category.

Thank you Linda and AWSA for such a beautiful award and for the wonderful recognition.

No comments: