It was in the days and few weeks following the Terrorist Attacks on the United States that I wrote my first book. I, I'm sure like so many, wanted to do something. But we felt so helpless. What could we possibly do?
I can't answer that for others. But for a writer, what else could I do but write? And so I wrote Dear America: A Letter of Comfort & Hope to a Grieving Nation (Ampelos Press, 2002).
This little book is still available in print. It was published 6 months to the day after September 11, 2001 -- on March 11, 2002. This year, for its tenth anniversary, Dear America was republished on Kindle.
Still relevant today, Dear America includes:
- my story of living through grief and discovering God
- 10 Things I've Learned About Grief
- a brief telling of the over-arching story of the Bible
- Q & A about Christians and Muslims
- helps to begin reading and understanding the Bible
For anyone who wonders where God is in the hard times, find answers in this letter to a nation: