Monday, May 2, 2011

The 168 Film Project Aftermath

I so totally failed to blog every day of the 168 Film Project. There was absolutely no time. Long days. Short nights.

So how did it end up? Well, we ended up with a movie. But the movie was not without its problems.

We had sound problems and weather problems. (The wind blew a lot which created some of the sound problems.) We had equipment problems. We had other problems.

Needless to say we weren't in the running for any contest prizes or awards.

So if the point was to come out of the contest with a really cool, award-winning movie, I guess we failed at that, too. But if the point was to make a movie so we could learn all we could and gain experience in film-making, then I'd say it was a shining success!

One thing that kept me busy that week was working with a reporter on an article about the 168 Film Project. A bit of a role reversal with me being the interviewee rather than the interviewer. You can read the article in the Pueblo Chieftain here.

Has it really been six weeks ago?! Life has been a whirlwind since then and I have so much to tell you! But that will take some time. So for now, let me just say that RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE 168 FILM PROJECT, GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?!

Deliver Me was published! That's right. It's out!

The official release date was April 12th. That's part of why life has been such a whirlwind . . . and part of why I've been too busy to blog. (Okay. I know. Is anyone ever really too busy to blog?) Well, it seems everything in the world conspired to keep me away from the blog.

But as of this evening, Deliver Me  is on Amazon.com! How cool is that?

I'll try not to leave the blog so long this time. I have so much happening that I want to fill you in on. Until next time..

No comments: