Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"A Ruby Christmas" - Chapter 2 by Dianne E. Butts



A Ruby Christmas

Today's featured author is Dianne E. Butts.


 Yep, that's me! My chapter in A Ruby Christmas is the featured chapter today. It's chapter 2, and it takes place in Colorado.

There's a LOT going on here today, so before you take off to read my chapter, let me tell you...

... Besides mine being the featured chapter, I'm also featured on some blogs today. So once you read my chapter, please come back and check out my guest posts for more about how writing A Ruby Christmas affected me. And some surprising ways my life paralleled the characters and the story I wrote, after I wrote it! (Cue the theme from The Twilight Zone.) Links below.

... Then also the publisher is having a contest based on A Ruby Christmas. Scroll down a bit and see that photo of a happy biker just under "What's wrong with this picture"? He's part of this contest. There's a lot of fun going on and some fantastic prizes, so don't miss out! Check into all the details and join the fun to be entered to win a prize basked worth over $400! Details below the happy biker's picture and on www.WriteIntegrity.com.

 ... Finally, there's also a note from Ruby below. She wrote in to let us know how she's doing on her trip, so don't miss what she has to say.

... So here we go. Enjoy!

Read Dianne's chapter of A Ruby Christmas here:


A Ruby Christmas: chapter 2


Today Dianne is a featured Guest on:

  • Read my guest blog post on Fay Lamb's blog Inner Source. where I share how my life parallels Ruby's in the loss of a parent. When we started the Ruby project, I had no way of knowing someone else was going to write these parallels into the story!

Dianne's helmet - June 9, 2013
  • I'm also the Guest blogger on J. A. Marx's Embattled Spirit. Here you'll read about two unexpected events that I wrote into my chapter more than a month before these events happened.

You'll see how I suddenly connected with a minor character I wrote into my chapter.


Smoke plume of the Waldo Canyon fire
just east of Pike's Peak
from Dianne's back deck June 2012


I also wrote in my Embattled Spirit post about the fires Coloradoans have experienced the recent years. In my chapter you'll meet Biker Bear, who has a hope-filled message for those who have been through the fire.










 

Read more today about me and A Ruby Christmas here:






A note from Ruby:


I heard from Ruby Jo, and she sent you all (or is that "y'all"?) a note. Here it is:


Hi y'all! Ruby here. Listen, I just wanted to say it was so great to visit the beautiful mountains of Colorado. I really had an adventure when I ran into those bikers. Not sure if I want to write that in a letter home to Daddy or if I should just keep that our little secret.

But anyways, I know y'all have had some big forest fires out there in Colorado, and I want you to know my heart goes out to you. The lesson I learned about forest fires I'm sure will stick with me forever. I pray God's best blessing for each of you.

I hope you enjoy my story.

Love you,
Ruby Joy



What's wrong with this picture?

Write Integrity Press is having a contest! Each day on the featured author's web site, there's a picture. Today my chapter is featured on the Write Integrity Press blog, so it's my turn to host the photo of the day.

This photo is part of a contest where YOU can enter to win a prize!  (Details on www.WriteIntegrity.com.)

But here's the scoop: Check out this photo below. Then compare it to A Ruby Christmas Pinterest Photo Contest. Find the difference and write down your answer.




After the ninth chapter posts on December 12th, put all your answers in an e-mail and send them to Write Integrity Press (at MagnificentHope [at] yahoo [dot] com). Then you'll be entered to win a bundle of books worth around $400!

Dianne E. Butts also is the author of:

Prophecies Fulfilled in the Birth of Jesus (PNP 2012)
Prophecies Fulfilled in the Death and Resurrection of Jesus (PNP 2013)
Prophecies Fulfilled in the Life of Jesus (Releasing soon from PNP in 2013)

Grandparenting Through Obstacles: Overcoming Family Challenges to Reach Your Grandchildren for Christ (PNP 2012)

For more information on these books, use the tabs at the top.

Connect with Dianne here:



Wishing you A Ruby Christmas


Please stop back by here tomorrow to meet the next author and for a link to the next chapter.

Please share A Ruby Christmas with your friends and contacts. You can use the Tweetables and share buttons below.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!


Tweetables:

Wishing you A Ruby Christmas: Read Chapter 2 now!http://ow.ly/rb7Wi
@DianneEButts #ARubyChristmas #PNP #WIP  Tweet this

Just released! Chapter 2: A Ruby Christmas. Check it out now! http://ow.ly/rb7Wi @DianneEButts #ARubyChristmas #PNP #WIP  Tweet this

Related article:

Wishing You A Ruby Christmas on the Butts About Writing blog.

No comments: