Thursday, December 5, 2013

"A Ruby Christmas" - Chapter 4 by Ruth O'Neil

Photo courtesy of Ruth O'Neil

Today's featured author is Ruth O'Neil



Today Ruth O'Neil takes Ruby and Yippee to the beautiful mountains of Virginia.


Ruth is the author of Come Eat at My Table.




You can learn more about Ruth and connect with here here:





  • Twitter: @writerrutho

Read Ruth's chapters of A Ruby Christmas here:


A Ruby Christmas: chapter 4


View the Altered Photo on Ruth O'Neil's Real Life blog.

Compare to the photo here and write down the difference: A Ruby Christmas Pinterest Photo Contest

More about today's chapter of A Ruby Christmas:





Ruby sent us a note today! 


Hey y'all,

Well, I didn’t think I could get any closer to God than I was when I was living in Texas, but I was wrong. These beautiful mountains of Virginia almost make me feel as if I can touch the heavens. I love the feeling of being able to look down from my vantage points and see what others below me are doing.

I wonder if this is how God feels when he looks at us. He definitely has a higher vantage point than any of us could ever attain. It is in these Blue Ridge Mountains that I have been able to really understand the verse in Isaiah 55:12 that says, “You will go out in joy and be led forth a peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.”

This is the time of year when the mountains really will rejoice because of the birth of the King, their Creator, Jesus Christ.

I can definitely learn some lessons from these mountains. It almost makes me want to come back year after year to see how the mountains change. Though our God never changes.

Love y'all,
Ruby


Wishing you A Ruby Christmas


Please stop back by here tomorrow to meet Jerusha Agen, the next author, and for a link to the next chapter.

Please share A Ruby Christmas with your friends and contacts. You can use the Tweetables and share buttons below.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Photo courtesy of Ruth O'Neil


Tweetables:

Wishing you A #RubyChristmas: Read chapter 4 now! http://ow.ly/rsmGU  @DianneEButts #PNP Click to Tweet

Introducing the collaborative novel A #RubyChristmas. Check it out now! http://ow.ly/rsmGU  @DianneEButts #WIP Click to Tweet

Related article:

Wishing You A Ruby Christmas on the Butts About Writing blog.

No comments: